Superannuation

Woman working at a coffee shop

Your super is your future

Have you got a retirement plan in place? Do you know how you can achieve it?

If you’re self-employed you may not have even thought about putting any aside for yourself.

Super is your money, savings for your retirement and a secure future so you can rest in your older age. Super funds invest your money in many things, such as shares, property and managed funds. They also have options for you to choose your level of risk. You may wish to diversify your risk and put 30% into a high growth higher risk category, whilst the other 70% is left in a moderate risk and growth category. The funds then do all the work to ensure they get the best returns for you and your future super. 

Do you have more than one superannuation fund? Did you know there are tools on your myGov account which assist in finding lost super? How many part-time jobs did you have when you were younger that you never kept track of the super? 

It’s quick and easy to use myGov to roll them all into one. This will save you paying more than one set of administration fees, and help grow your super faster. If you are self-employed, you may:

  • Be able to claim a tax deduction for your after-tax super contributions
  • Be eligible for the low income super contribution
  • Be eligible for the super co-contributions that you don’t claim a deduction for
  • Benefit from the additional concessions for certain invalidity payments.

 

Make sure you provide your tax file number to your employer or super fund. If you don’t, they may take extra tax out of your super and will not be able to accept any non-employer contributions.

Did you know superannuation funds also offer different types of insurance? Inquire with your super fund about income protection insurance and life insurance. These are of great value especially if you are self-employed and have a family depending on your income. No one knows what the future will bring, so make a plan and secure your family today.

If you are wondering how you can take advantage of some of these incentives, give us a call to discuss your options. We can help you make a plan that works for your individual circumstances and goals. Call us today on 0405 442 626​

This is general information only and does not take into account your financial situation, needs or objectives. Before acting, consider if the information is right for your needs. This information is based on our understanding of current Australian laws and assumes they will remain unchanged. 

Featured posts

SHARE POST

Facebook
Google+
Twitter
LinkedIn

Our values

Because your business is individual, so are our accounting solutions

Contact

4353 9988 • 0405 442 626 • Unit 1-5 Colony Close, Tuggerah, NSW 2259

© Ainsworth Accounting Solutions | Website design by Seedling Digital

WP Feedback

Dive straight into the feedback!
Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly